Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Smile Says it All

This morning, to my delight, I found Matthew
sitting at the kitchen table
w r i t i n g
a "Bob Book". 
 
My 7 year old son,
without any
prompting,
                pleading,
or pushing
from me,
is 
w r i t i n g
 for fun.
 
Yes, he has a way to go with spelling and grammar
BUT
in a classroom he might be starting to get the idea
that he is
getting behind
and that he
CAN'T
write.
 
Reading and writing at home though is fun and low-key. 
I'm proud of him
and
I'm also proud of myself. 
My natural tendency is to look for mistakes
and figure out how to fix them. 
Today, however, I smiled and simply enjoyed the thrill of his accomplishment.


His smile says it all!

Matt's Bob Books (with Mommy's Edited Version for ease of reading)


Bob Book
I begin ....
(his way of "starting")

Bob sat  It was hot
Bob had a tall hat
but Bob was hot
Bob had a big "X"
on his hat        the end

(The little man has a hat with an "X" on it!)





Next bob book

Sarah
had a big
pool  Sarah
went fishing
the end


by Matt

2 comments:

  1. Oh Matt I love your Bob Books. You are an author! Well done Matt! Blessings Mrs D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great!!!!! What a lovely way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete